Wednesday, April 10, 2013

What I HATE about Deployment....

Okay, hate is a strong word but I really really really don't like deployment. No I was right, I hate it. There are literally so many things to hate about deployment. Apart from the obvious - not getting to see my other half, there are so many reasons to hate deployment. I asked some girls on Facebook and here were their responses.



Deployment is an extremely lonely time for a military wife. A lot of times friends will alienate you, you feel like you aren't important to anyone, and you ache for your SO to be home. 
Deployment is scary. When I don't hear from my husband when I'm supposed to I swear my heart will beat irregularly until I do. I play through a thousand scenarios a minute.
Deployment drags. I can say this because I am not even half way through deployment with my husband and I swear it has felt like a year. Seriously. I check my "Doing Time" app everyday to see how much red I have left. 
Deployment is frustrating. I think I have a shorter fuse because of this deployment. I get annoyed by anything and everything very quickly. I feel like I'm always on edge. Basically I'm a walking time bomb. 

What I think I hate more than anything at all..when someone will ask where my husband is or what he does and I reply that he is deployed.. I swear people will look at my like I just fought a war or something. I'm not trying to dumb down what any military wife does because let's face it, it is a job of its own. But what I am doing here in no way or shape even matches what my husband is doing overseas. There is no comparison and there is no need to give me a sympathy vote. Trust me, I'll get by without it. I'm not some poor soul who doesn't know what to do with my life because my husband is gone. Am I sad? Yes. Am I lonely? Yes. Do I wish he was home??? Absolutely. Will I lock myself in my room until he gets back? Absolutely not. I still have a life to live, dreams to chase, and our life to build here. Just keep all of that in mind. We are strong because if we aren't we will be broken. 



post signature

1 comment:

  1. It is hard. My husband just left. Some days are harder than others.

    But like you, I choose to live.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design by Caked Designs