Monday, March 18, 2013

MilObsessed?

A while ago someone on my twitter feed had said something to the effect of "every time a girl starts dating someone in the military then it's all she talks about." I'm not mad/offended/or hating on them. That statement made me think, do all girls become obsessed with the military if they are dating someone in it?
img found on weheartit

The conclusion I came to..is basically yes. It's hard to not become obsessed or in my eyes overly interested. Once you are married to or even dating someone in the military it becomes your life too. It literally will affect everything you do! Before I married Kendall I knew no one in the military... I hadn't had any of my friends join, I didn't have anyone close in my family join. Now that my husband is in the military it is my life too. I've learned so much about the armed forces from being married to a soldier and I'm very supportive. I talk about the military a lot, I support the military very much, it's my husbands livelihood! It's hard to be so supportive or consumed with something you know nothing of - when you aren't in a military relationship. How could I not? I'm proud of him, I'm proud of our relationship, I'm proud of our country and I will continue to let people know that.

post signature

4 comments:

  1. As you should!!! Always be proud...there will be days that are tougher than others, but don't ever forget you serve right along side of him! Loved your take on this....stay positive and be proud!!!
    I'm your newest follower.
    Pam @ The Patriotic Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Charleigh...I have nominated you for the Liebster Award. You can check it out here. http://www.thepatrioticpam.com/2013/03/liebster-award.html
    I have enjoyed reading your blog!
    Pam @ The Patriotic Pam

    ReplyDelete
  3. I completely agree with your statement. The girls I can't stand are the ones who throw it around like some kind of ... bragging right, or threat or something. Like Jenelle on Teen Mom 2. A few weeks ago they aired a mid-season catch-up [not sure if you watch it or not] and at the time she was just starting to date a young Marine from Lejeune. She kept inferring that she was cool because she was dating a Marine. Like it was a trophy. People like THAT ... are the ones that give milso's a bad name. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Preach it, sista! Of COURSE you're interested in it It matters to him, so it matters to you, and you should be proud!

    Kelly @ View Along the Way

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design by Caked Designs