Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Featured in the paper

My husband and I were featured in the newspaper the day of his ceremony! 



A gorgeous picture of me & my brother was plastered on the front of the paper. I swear Jacob is such a smart kid. He was probably thinking to himself "How can I get this guy to take a picture of me?" As the soldiers were leaving the gym he flashes a peace sign to the train that was walking right in front of our seats. Of coarse the newspaper had to get a picture of him..and subsequently me because I was holding him.
The writer also quoted the both of us: 
"Charleigh Clark of Columbus, who was holding her little brother, Jacob, 3, during the ceremony said so many thoughts were racing through her mind since her husband is among the troops making the deployment."I am really proud of him," she said. "I am scared and I am happy. I am already counting down the days for him to come home."Her husband, Pfc. Kendall Clark, embraced her in a long hug and kiss following the ceremony."This is my first deployment," he said. "I am ready to do what needs to be done so I can get back home." "
See the full story here.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Caked Designs