Thursday, November 22, 2012

Wishing you & yours a Happy Thanksgiving


First things first! HAPPY THANKSGIVING. I hope you all have a magical time with your family and friends today. I'm inspired by people who go and volunteer on Thanksgiving. Personally, I have three Thanksgivings to try to make it to today. I am working Black Friday so I won't be getting caught up in crazy deals and running to try to get a special gift. I've been thinking about what I am thankful for. It might be the same as your list but this is the first year (excluding worksheets in elementary school) that I've seriously contemplated what I am thankful for. I attribute that to my husband. I think he has truly shown me that I have so much  in life to be thankful for. So! Here is my list of what I am tankful for.

1. My husband, he is sweet, caring, challenging, headache forming, panic attack inducing, and perfect. He is everything I could ever wish for and want. I am so in love with him that I will never want anyone besides him! I've realized how thankful for him I truly am.


2. I am thankful for my family. I haven't ever truly realized the power of family, this past year has opened my eyes to how much my family loves me and how much they will do for me. I'm thankful for my new additions to my family--Kendall's family. This group of people has been there for me since day one. They have gone above and beyond and have truly shown me their love. I'm thankful for my mother, she is an incredibly strong  woman and though sometimes we don't agree she always seems to try to put her own feelings aside to see my happiness. I'm thankful for my father and my stepmom, I haven't always been the closest with his side of the family but within this past year especially I have felt very much closer to them and they have gone out of their way for me more than a few times this year. Last but not least I am thankful for my Aunt & Uncle. They have always made up for what my parents could not provide for me. They treat me as if I am their own child. I know they think I only come see them when I need something but they never shy away from helping me when I need it. They would hate to see me go without and they do everything they can to make sure I don't. These are just a few of the amazing people in my family. I love all of my siblings, cousins, grandparents, and aunts and uncles. 







3. I'm thankful for my support group of friends. They are each unique in their own ways. Alexis for always being there for me and for worrying so much about me and always having my back. JT for being the funniest person I know and for always being my ride home. Josie for being the best roommate anyone could ask for and for putting up with my messy ways. Erin for being the best friend anyone could ask for, for always listening to me, for never judging, and for being my twin. Julian for being my singing buddy, for always being there, for goofing around with me, for buying me food, and for being my best friend. These people are all my best friends. Now that they are in my life I cannot imagine how I would be without them. 






4. I'm thankful for a working mind and body. I'm so blessed to be in good physical and mental condition. 


5. I'm thankful for my talents. Though I have few I am talented in some ways. I'm a pretty funny person. I'm not a pop star but I can hold a tune.


There are so many things in life to be thankful for. I didn't want to name material things but yes I am thankful for a home, laptop, bed, cell phone etc. These simple things are things that we take for granted sometimes. We are so used to having our cell phones that we kind of don't remember what life was without one. (sad I know!!!) Think about everything you are thankful for. Basically everything I touch I am thankful for! 

My husband is not home for Thanksgiving this year. I'm trying to enjoy the day as much as I can. I wish he could be here watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade with me and traveling from house to house for dinners today. I haven't experienced a Thanksgiving with him yet, but I still feel as though something very large is missing from this Thanksgiving. I'm praying that he still enjoys himself with his friends. 

Happy Thanksgiving my friends, hold your family close, have lots of turkey or tofuturkey, and get your gameplan ready for your Black Friday shopping spree.  

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Caked Designs